"Just Don't Admit It"

I was working for an expat related to my church and was asked to wash his motorcycle. When washing it I accidentally broke the rear-view mirror. My first thought was, “just don’t admit it. He’ll never know I did it. Just deny it, no one saw me do it.”

Then I remembered that the truth is what is most important and that it would be easier living with the fact that I made a careless mistake and admitted it than living with this however minor deception. When I told him I was so grateful that he thanked me for admitting that I’d done it and said it was not a problem and that I could replace the mirror and forget about it. I didn’t forget though, it’s a reminder to me every time I feel like denying a mistake I’ve made.

-Male church assistant pastor, C1


Return to Stories Index