My Harsh Feelings Soften

There are 3 pastors in our church and we all share the responsibilities but the emphasis of my work is on pastoral care. We have our church work (50% of my time) and also have a school and center in Kandal. Before I went to the Peace Bridges course I sometimes felt like the “odd man out” and that they would join forces to make a decision and I would serve have an opposite idea and feel left out.

Nowadays, though, I remind myself to understand their goals and rather than getting my feelings hurt I remind myself that I trust them. When I feel like quitting I know it’s because of my ego- that I’m too wrapped up in my self and judgmental and then I stop and think, “No, think about this situation without being selfish” and my harsh feelings soften.

-Male church co-pastor, C3


Return to Stories Index